Is our school entitled to an extra £1,320 funding per year towards your child’s education and could he/she be eligible for free school meals in KS2?
How does it work?
• First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the ’do you qualify’ list below.
• Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, you can register online at www.wigan.gov.uk/benefits or contact the local authority Education Benefits Team on 01942 828644 who will help you register.
• If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great.
• If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets ‘Pupil Premium’.
Do you qualify?
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:
• Universal Credits
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• In Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Child tax Credit, provide they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
• Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for working Tax Credit.